Volunteers make a significant and valuable contribution to our work. Our volunteers provide support and care to our residents and Hand in Hand scheme members, as well support to our office staff with reception and administration duties. If you have time to spare, skills or an idea to share, we would love to hear from you. We always marvel at how giving a relatively small amount of time can make a real difference to the lives of others.
How you can get involved – Almshouses
- activities programme
- befriending residents
- arts and crafts
- serving refreshments
- helping with shopping or errands, and much more.
How you can get involved – Hand in Hand
- befriending of a scheme member
- signposting and support to scheme members
- spending time with scheme members to improve their quality of life and wellbeing
- supporting our online directory and helping to keep it up-to-date
- participating in networking and charity events
- lending a hand to help run our new club… and more!
Volunteering can be rewarding, meaningful, fun and a great way to meet new people, learn new skills or gain valuable experience. We provide full training and reimburse expenses. For an informal chat about how you can get involved, please get in touch.