Experienced care assistants are required to join the bank team at our nursing home, Moorside, in the centre of Winchester, where we care for local older people living with dementia.
Become part of our invaluable Bank Team, working hours to work around your commitments and family time.
- To provide care and support for each resident in accordance with their individual care plan whilst respecting their dignity and privacy at all times.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times as stated in the charity’s policies and procedures and in line with the Data Protection Act.
- To administer medication as instructed within individual care plans and record accurately and comprehensively on the relevant MAR charts in line with medication policies and procedures.
- To observe and report to the nurse in charge any changes in the condition of residents and contribute to report sessions.
- Recording all care given and any other relevant information promptly and accurately on appropriate documentation.
- Respond to any emergencies in a professional and timely manner taking any action necessary in line with current policies and procedures.
- To adhere to all instructions relating to safe systems of work as set out in the charity’s policies and procedures.
- To follow health and safety instructions, manufacturer’s instructions and safety procedures when using any equipment.
- To treat all visitors and relatives with courtesy and respect, reporting any queries or concerns promptly.
- To attend individual supervisions, appraisals and staff meetings when requested.
- To attend all mandatory training and any other training identified as a requirement.
- To adhere to the Charity’s policies and procedures on Safeguarding Adults and report any concerns.
- To comply with all other policies and procedures as required by St John’s Winchester.
- To undertake any other such duties and responsibilities as reasonably required.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To provide care and support in line with the Health and Social Care Act and CQC requirements.
- Respond to emergencies.
- To be accountable for keeping the nurse in charge appraised of any change in condition of each resident immediately.
- To ensure all safe systems of work are adhered to and any equipment is used in line with health and safety regulations and manufacturer’s instructions.