Charity Winchester Radio aims to keep people socially connected: Winchester Radio provides local information on services and support for Winchester area in their regular shows, features, and local news bulletins. They also run national campaigns and features on-air, such as the mental health ‘60 second support’; Caring for Carers presented by Gyles Brandreth, and from Monday 18th May, PrimeTimers (which is a series for community radio for older people, and made by older people).
Winchester Radio continues to broadcast a local church service each week from the city on Sundays at 6pm. This allows people to stay connected with their faith during the lockdown.
How can I listen?
You can listen to Winchester Radio in a number of ways:
- 94.7FM on your radio
- Online at: http://winchesterradio.uk/ (click on the ‘listen live’ link)
- Patients in the RHCH can hear the station via their bedside units by selecting ‘hospital radio.’
- You can also download the ‘UKRadioPlayer’ app, and listen that way.
- Please share details of our charity radio service to anyone you feel would benefit.
- You can also phone or text the charity on: 01962 603947 or email at: email@example.com
Maybe you would like a shout-out for someone who is poorly? Or give a thank you for a good neighbour or someone who has helped you over the last few weeks? Maybe you have an upcoming birthday or anniversary, and would like a mention on air? Get in touch with them.
Staying socially connected can help to reduce feelings of anxiety, loneliness and isolation. Visit our Wellbeing Page for further support on this topic.