- talking to and gaining the residents’ confidence
- making cups of tea and helping them with eating their meals if they require help
- outside activities, taking residents out into town for coffee, on the bus to a garden centre and also going in the minibus further afield
- engaging them in activities, such as reminiscing, playing games, singing, gardening…………. the list goes on
- projects e.g. the summer fete, Christmas bazaar, reminiscing café
Two new projects that we are embarking on:
- our lovely garden, which we would like to make more sensory friendly, with raised beds which the residents can plant or just enjoy touching and smelling.
- to build a corner shop where residents can come to buy sweets, toiletries etc.
Being a volunteer is very fulfilling and rewarding. The residents are a delight to be with.